This is a link to a current student site that includes examples of the first two OpenLab assignments – (three separate posts as follows)
- The team interviews
- Team Schedule
- The project selection
I have suggested that they add two additional pages as follows:
- Vocabulary – each team member will add 1 term with definition per class
- Construction Photos – team members to upload construction photos of the project they will monitor throughout the semester
In response to student questions on the project selection – please complete the following before the start of your next class:
- Review the projects stored on the student drive S: – look for ARCH 2330 Building Technology III
- Your team should select three of these – and prioritize your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices.
- Create a PowerPoint of your choices – one slide each – put your first choice first, your second- second, etc.
- Save this PowerPoint as image files and post it on you teams website. You will present this in class.
- See you next week!
- Complete your team interviews –
- Create your OpenLab site – as a project site and make all team members administrators
- Post your completed team interviews as graphics so they display without downloading
- Email me a link to you team site ASAP so I can link it to out course site
- Post Team Schedules – each team member should fill out their own schedule and then the group should create a team schedule. You do not need to send these to me – you only need to post the team schedule on the team website.
- Project Selection – Together the team should review the 8 projects available. Choose three that all of you like then put these in priority order. Create a 3-slide PowerPoint with one slide for each of these projects in order of your preference. (1 team – 3 projects – 3 slide PowerPoint)
I hope everyone is well rested and ready to work! For this semester I am teaching two sections of Building Tech 3 and I will be using a single OpenLab website to manage both classes. The other two classes will also be making us of this website as a reference.
Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the documents posted here for the class. This site will be the main means for all of us to communicate. Ask me a question (post it or email or in person) – I will answer it here – so that everyone can share in the lesson.
Each of the teams in each of the classes will be creating their own project websites and each of these will be linked here. I will at times ask the two classes to look in at the work of the other – by visiting and commenting on the team sites.
Be aware that this course is one more credit than the other three building technology courses and will represents 25% more work than your previous courses.
Work hard and learn!