As a group:
- Please continually update your analysis as we go – also please complete the models – so that you understand your buildings
- Identify your research / case study list – for example if you have a pool you need to do a case study on a pool. If you have a specific type of facade you should do a case study on a similar facade. For now just make a list of things the team needs to research and consider who wants to research each part.
- Program Analysis – write up a list of spaces in the building and their approximate sizes. For example 4 massage rooms 9 x 12, etc. Identify every space in the building. Research the correct size of things in your building.
- Structural/Mechanical/Core Locations – work out an integrated solution of where these elements might go. It is OK to have options.
- Research the correct size of both a freight and passenger elevator.
As an Individual:
- In addition to the site plan, add at least one environs map and also the zoning map. Format these on a 22 x 34 Title-block. You will find a title-block you can use on the S: drive in our class directory.
- In AutoCAD draw the structural grid and show the perimeter of your building.
- Stair & Core Study. – Testing out different floor to floors you think will work – draw in AutoCAD both plan and section of stairs. Show risers, runs and landing and dimensions. You do not need handrails etc.
- In addition to drawing the stair – look to layout some cores that include a stair, a mechanical shaft and an elevator. You will later use this to see what might fit into your project drawings.