As a group:
- Please continually update your analysis as we go – also please complete the models – so that you understand your buildings
- Identify your research / case study list – for example if you have a pool you need to do a case study on a pool. If you have a specific type of facade you should do a case study on a similar facade. For now just make a list of things the team needs to research and consider who wants to research each part.
- Program Analysis – write up a list of spaces in the building and their approximate sizes. For example 4 massage rooms 9 x 12, etc. Identify every space in the building. Research the correct size of things in your building.
- Structural/Mechanical/Core Locations – work out an integrated solution of where these elements might go. It is OK to have options.
- Research the correct size of both a freight and passenger elevator.
As an Individual:
- In addition to the site plan, add at least one environs map and also the zoning map. Format these on a 22 x 34 Title-block. You will find a title-block you can use on the S: drive in our class directory.
- In AutoCAD draw the structural grid and show the perimeter of your building.
- Stair & Core Study. – Testing out different floor to floors you think will work – draw in AutoCAD both plan and section of stairs. Show risers, runs and landing and dimensions. You do not need handrails etc.
- In addition to drawing the stair – look to layout some cores that include a stair, a mechanical shaft and an elevator. You will later use this to see what might fit into your project drawings.
One thought on “Assignment for next class”
Where do we submit our site plans ?