The readings that I’ve been assigned reminded me how important following ethical guidelines are. Designing for a client requires commitment to deliver the vision they want. In order to successfully do this, the designer must ethically create these designs. This includes crediting another artist for getting inspiration from his or her work. Although plagiarism is strictly prohibited, adapting a style of work from another artist is not. Usually designers can not get around the copyright of photography unless it is a very old photo, their own photo or by just asking for permission to use the photo. In the past I have adapted styles from other artists and usually add my own twist that reflects my work as well. I  give credit to these artist when I am presenting my work to my classmates. Pinterest is an easy site that I use to gain inspo and create mood boards for projects. I look at classical designers as well as emerging contemporary designers as well. Some of these designers would include Paula Scher, Steven Heller, Bradbury Thompson, Alex Trochut and more.

Based on the Fairey Copyright Hope Poster case, I believe that the situation could have been avoided. If Fairey had accredited the original photographer properly he would have never been tried in court for this case. Instead he was fearful of the outcome and tampered with evidence which caused further destruction. Fairley’s intent was not to harm others but to simply spread the message of the new Presidential candidate which at the time was former President Obama. His ideas were original but the photograph was not his and was not accredited,  therefore I do believe consequences like paying a fine were necessary  but nothing else extreme.