The culture of my “workplace” would be described as cool and calm… which would technically be the culture of my home. Due to COVID-19 and pandemic guidelines, we have to work from home, so in reality.. we don’t have a workplace. Although we are working virtually, my supervisor ensures that we meet via Zoom at least twice a week. There she gives us feedback on our previous projects, introduces our new tasks, and updates us on any additional information such as time sheets and days off.

After my supervisor, Isana gives us our tasks, she turns off the Zoom meeting and lets us do our work until a question arises or if she needs to contact us. She has made it her duty to provide a flexible work schedule with us due to the pandemic circumstances. There has been a time where she assigned a task and we had to stop immediately to fulfill a project that was needed ASAP. The other interns and I had to make edits on a handbook while we got the urgent message to stop. We had to create a social media campaign for the IE office that was needed for the following week. We stopped our work, tuned into Zoom and was assigned our new project. This task made me realize what the pressure of a urgent deadline feels like. Unlike school projects where we have weeks to brainstorm, concept and sketch our ideas, I only had a matter of 4 hours to come up with a concept and ideas. After thinking it through with my co-workers, we came up with a data-driven concept and started designing an instagram, twitter, and facebook post that following Monday.