MoMa Experience

The gallery was a great experience to compare with what we are doing for our self. Normally on the studio in the class we focus our attention on the lights, shadows or effect but I think one of the most important thing that we have to learn is in the whole composition of the picture and I think that exhibition shows us in the different composition and mood.

Another samples was the creation of my studio, the idea was to feel what means to create everything by your self so then you can start shooting any object to get the best result possible. With the home studio and seeing the pictures of the gallery now I have another perspective about how to try to get the best picture because now first I have to set up all the lights, the right position of the camera, the position of the object but the most important is to be able to select a background that fit with the object and the mood that I am try to accomplish. The advantage of shooting outside is that you already have the background but you also have to focus on the light and the position of the camera to get the best shoot.

On the review of the NY Times the author was unhappy with the way the gallery was set up.  In my opinion I do not agree with her because that it is the beauty of an exhibition to go an get a shock with the images and not to think if they have some kind of organization, probably she is used to go to places where is some kind of organization like chronological or historical. The Interesting part of this gallery is the different aspect that you can get from the different arrangement of the images on the same place from room to room and the variety of color an exposure that they arrange. The point to go to a museum is to enjoy the exhibit and do no think about if they are some kind of chronological arranges or if someone was not on the show.

One thought on “MoMa Experience

1. rmichals

the most important thing in creating a studio photo or any photograph is the mood or idea that you are trying to communicate. The background, angle of view, lighting are all means to that end.