DIY Studio

20140202_182353Setting up my DIY studio was probably the most challenging homework assignment that I’ve ever had to do. I managed to get most of the items together this weekend. I’ve set up a corner on my attic. I used a round, glass table I found in the attic for placing my props on. Using the ring clamps I purchased from True Value, I hung a dark, solid sheet I’m using as the backdrop. I’ve my clamp lights (which I also purchased from True Value) hanging on the slanted wood beams of the attic top. I’ve set my camera up with a tripod I found in the attic. I think I’ll throw tracing paper over the clamp lights to use as my diffusion screen. The materials weren’t as big a challenge as arranging the space but luckily that worked out fine. I moved some boxes out of the way to move the table to the center of my DIY area. There were also a bunch of things on the table itself. I moved them all to the other side of the attic across from where I packed the boxes. After attaching my camera to the tripod, I practiced angling the tripod; this way I could get used to it for when I began shooting. I also haven’t used this camera in a while, especially since I got my new phone, which has a pretty good camera. The only other studio I’ve shot in is in school and I’m looking forward to shooting in my new DIY studio.

One thought on “DIY Studio

1. rmichals

It is harder to figure out the space issues than it is to get the materials. It looks like you have come up with a great solution. Great color for the Rose assignment!