Home Studio

My main issue in creating my mini studio was where to put it. I decided to try a space in my washroom. It’s a tight fit, in between the dryer and the wall and the surface I used is a hamper but with some cloth covering the clothes in the back and eventually, the top of the hamper, it can be converted when necessary. Another problem I ran into was finding outlets for the lights. I discovered a forgotten outlet right on the right side of the hamper but I did not have one for the left side and at the time that the picture was taken, I didn’t have an extension cord to reach the other outlet. I now have an extension cord and I’m able to plug in the other light as well.

Getting the materials wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. I purchased my lights and clamps from True Value and even though I felt like I looked really out of place in the electrical aisle, I found everything quickly. My uncle let me borrow his tripod so I didn’t have to worry about that & I have tracing paper to use as my diffusion screen as a friend advised me to do. The one issue I do have to resolve, however, is finding a way to make sure both lights stay up securely. There isn’t much space in the area so putting two light stands isn’t going to work. I currently have them placed on two sticks but I fear that at any moment, one could tip over. Once I figure out how to secure those, I’ll feel good about shooting in my mini studio.

One Response to Home Studio

1. rmichals says:

Where you are working is very dark so I am glad that you have a tripod and can you longer shutter speeds.