Homework 1

Honda FCX Clarity is an electric car. Electric cars has started not too long ago, so many people are still new to the idea. Because nowadays people are trying to become more eco-friendly, the target audience is people between 18-30.

I would try to go with the eco-friendly look because it seems to be very common today. I think using Tim Wallace would be perfect because he has many shots of cars in nature. Although many of his pictures look gloomy in the background, I like how he uses nature as the background. Unlike many car photographers they like to make the car seem to be going fast and the background is blurred alot. In Tim’s photographs he has the floor only slightly blurred but everything else is clear. Like when we are sitting in cars, the floor we see is not clear but the sky we see is clear. Tim takes pictures of the cars in many different angles oblique, profile and front. He also uses field of depth to show that the car is closer and the background is further and the car is moving in that direction. He gives the photo a sense of movement. I like how he takes many pictures with nature as a background and not using the cityscape or highway. I also like how Tim does not take pictures at just a straight angle. he will tilt the camera. And in one of the pictures the trees looks tilted in the opposite direction of the car. It feels as though the tree felt the wind created by the car was pushing it. It feels as though his pictures are trying to suck you into the photos and move the same way the lines of the roads are going. Tim brings a sense of natural feeling to the cars because of its background.

This entry was posted in HW1. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Homework 1

1. rmichals says:

Good argument. It is good that you clearly state the age of your target audience and then I agree that using radical angles of view with attract this relatively young audience.