DIY studio

Instead of making my own DIY studio, I bought one instead. I bought Polaroid’s photo studio kit. This kit is light weighted and looks like a brief case. It is easy to carry around anywhere. The photo studio has a  16 x 16′ shooting area. This kit comes with 2 high output lights (120v), 4 colored backdrops, 1 tripod. 3 diffuser screen. The photo studio takes only a few minutes to set up and to put back away. The only thing I dislike about this kit is that the lights heat up easily. After only using it for a few minutes, the lights become very hot and smells like it is burning plastic. Luckily, I bought the clamp lights, so I do not have to use the lights that were given. The tripod that comes along in the kit is not as sturdy, so I will be using the one I already bought a while ago.  Before using the back drops, it has to be ironed because it has been folded. Other than that, setting up the studio was easy. I wanted to make one out of a cardboard box, but I could not find a bigger box. If I used a small box, I would have a limited area to take pictures. My objects would also have to be really small.

This entry was posted in HW4_DIY Studio. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to DIY studio

1. rmichals says:

You seem ready for this week’s assignment. If the lights create a burning smell, I would certainly not use them. And ironing the backdrops is a great idea. It will save you a lot of frustration if they look smooth instead of wrinkled.