Journal 5

This week, my supervisor asked me to use Illustrator to create a cartoon version of the bride and bridegroom. These illustrations will put on the wedding invitation card. First of all, I had to scan their photos to the computers, convert to black and white images, and adjust the contrast. I thought it helped me to trace their images easily. I decided to draw the bride first, because she might take more time to create. I locked the image and decreased the opacity as the base, I used pen tool to draw on top of it. After I traced the face and the head, I sited back and looked at it; it looked argyle and didn’t look like a cartoon character. The whole purpose of creating a cartoon version was to look cute and sweet on the invitation card. I went on Google to see how those cartoon brides look like; they always had a huge eyes and small body with a wedding dress. Because my illustration was too specific and details, it looked like a real person. After the inspiration, I got an idea knowing how to draw it. I just created my own cartoon character that had a round face, small mouth, and nose, but had big eyes. After that I edited and added some personal characteristics of the bride on that character, such as the skin tone, the color of hair and so on. I realized this was a shortcut to create a cartoon version. Even I knew the way to draw, but it still took me a lot of time to create a cartoon character.

Posted in Journal Entries - Wed 2:30pm.

0 Responses

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.

You must be logged in to post a comment.