Journal 4

On September 20, 2013. I had completed my assignment, and showed it to my supervisor, but he was not happy about it because I didn’t do well on the skin tone of the photo retouch. He told me to do research on the skin tone of the photo retouch. I had been watching Photoshop’s tutorial on Youtube for whole day, and did research on the photo retouching. This experience taught me that the photo retouch skills learned in class are not enough to be used in the real market. I will have to teach myself some things outside of class.

On September 23, 2013.  My supervisor, Yue Chen assigned me a project titled “Open House Recruitment for Prospective Students.” He asked me to come up with several ideas on this project. He wanted the design to attract prospective students to attend New York City College of Technology.

I was stuck on this assignment because I didn’t know what “prospective students” meant until my supervisor explained it to me. The term “perspective students” refers to high school students, transfer students, and adults looking to attend the college. And my concept is to show them what New York City College of Technology can offer.

My concept is to show New York City College of Technology as a motherboard/CPU, in charge of and connecting to the top five majors: nursing, hospitality, engineering, computer science, and entertainment. The design is very tricky because I can only use one line to complete the entire design. I found it to be very challenging because it’s easy to come up with a concept, but difficult to make it work. But right now it’s too late to change my concept, so I’ll have to stick with it.

Posted in Journal Entries - Wed 2:30pm.

0 Responses

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.

You must be logged in to post a comment.