Fallen Pedal / Shadow love

fallen pedal

March 15 2014, Yircary Caraballo

Fallen pedal

On Saturday the 15 2014, I attended my first funeral. Didn’t know what to expect, but kind of had a clue. I mean, I’ve watched many movies and they always show funerals as such a grey and rainy day. It was exactly how I expected it, raining with a hint of light coming from the sun which was hidden behind the foggy clouds. The mood do sad and mellow. As I walked towards the coffin where my dear cousin lied so still I couldn’t help but noticed a red pedal so bright and still, laying on the floor. I wondered where that could have come from, knowing we all had white roses. So surprised I stopped and took the picture. I decided to frame it in the center to get a sense of isolation. How this vividly bright rose pedal laid alone and the wet concrete road.  

shadow love

March 16 2014, Yircary Caraballo

Shadow love

Walking along the street at 12 o’clock in the afternoon, I noticed how my shadow was cast upon this huge blank wall. Amazed of how much hair I have, I decided to take a quick picture. I didn’t think much of it just a normal daily Instagram picture. Until I went back and looked at it again. Looking at the shadow and the form of the two body standing there, I noticed the way the big shadow looked down upon the shorter one while holding her hand and purse. A simple sign of love and affection.