Daniel King

What’s up y’all, my name is Daniel King and my preferred pronouns are he/him. I was born and raised in the Marine Park area of Brooklyn and I live in Gravesend now.  I’m currently studying for a BFA in Communication Design with a mixed focus on advertising, motion graphics, and graphic design. I also enjoy aerial photography and cinematography.  It’s so hard for me to decide my “favorite” anything at all, but one film that definitely resides in my top 5 list would be The Princess Bride directed by Rob Reiner. It’s a whimsical and fantastic love story with danger, action, and a great twist with a knockout cast and its soooo quotable.

Some fun stuff about me:
I’m a bartender, and I’ve been working at The Royal Palms Shuffleboard Club for 6ish years. Come have a drink with me on the weekends.
I’m a big drone nerd, I’ve built and flown my own racing drones.
I’m getting married in two weeks as of posting this.
Attached are photos of my two fur children Mittens and Biscuit. Mittens currently ties the world record for most digits on a polydactyl cat, she’s got 28 toes.

1. Yovanna

Aerial photography sounds fun, and the fact that you can build drones is amazing. I’m impressed. Your cats are so adorable. Btw Congrats on ur engagement.

2. Caroline Chamberlin Hellman

Hi Daniel,
    Welcome, and congratulations on your impending nuptials! How wonderful! I hope you will consider sharing a photo (only if it’s comfortable of course). And speaking of marriage… The Princess Bride! Wonderful. Mannnnnnny years ago (high school!), I was at a party with Wallace Shawn, whose father (William Shawn) was the longtime editor of The New Yorker.
    You bartend at a very popular place! Many of my friends and colleagues go there. You’ve probably seen a lot of evolution at your workplace in the past year– as things are opening back up and there’s hope in the air, we’re all continuing to adapt in different ways.

I have worked with folks (faculty and students) from COMD and been so grateful for the skillsets. Aerial photography– fascinating. What are some of your favorite areas to survey and photograph?
    Looking forward to working with you.

• Daniel King

Thank you!

A party with Wallace Shawn?! Inconceivable! That’s really cool.

I enjoy driving at least an hour out of the city either going north or west to go take aerial photos. The Hudson river valley area of New York has some great views and topography as well as some historic sites that are cool to see from the sky.

3. Caroline Chamberlin Hellman

Ha- excellent. At the time I didn’t understand the intellectual, writerly weight he brought to the table as well!

I grew up in the Hudson Valley and can certainly imagine the stunning shots you capture. Would love to discuss further and learn more, especially given the context of our class.

4. Tamara Ivana

Daniel, I saw your drone video and thought “now THIS is what I needed on my sunrise hike.” AND you build them? What a skill. Did you see that one-shot drone video of the bowling alley? I was blown away by it. Congratulations and best of wishes in the two weeks leading up to your wedding and every day that follows!