Introduction

Hi, My Name is Makai my pronouns are He/Him. I chose this class because I love film. Most importantly I love horror movies. This is my first summer class and I just hope to get a better understanding in film. Since I love horror I’ve seen pretty much everything from goofy horror like “Killer Clowns from Outerspace” or classics like “The thing”. I’m a nervous person and hopefully, this class can push me to be more confident. Alos my major is liberal arts and science.

1. Daniel King

Killer Clowns is a classic.

2. Caroline Chamberlin Hellman

Hi Makai! Welcome. First of all, the exchange between you and Daniel here is very funny. Thanks for making me laugh :). Second, I’m totally captivated by your interest in horror. I must admit that the horror genre is a gap in my knowledge. What film would you (and perhaps Daniel) most recommend? And can you share– why do you think you’re drawn to horror films? Very glad to have your expertise here!
    Looking forward to working with you.

• Makai

I would recommend The grudge 1-3 because they left an impact on me. I remember refusing to sleep because I thought the lady from the movie was going to chase me. I watch it now and I’m like wow this is a classic.

3. Tamara Ivana

Makai, I know you said goofy horror – and the trailer shows just that, but I have such a fear of clowns that I’ll probably just categorize it as good ol’ horror, haha. I’m not very well versed in horror so I hope to hear some more of your favorites to delve more into them!

4. Ashley James

Hi Makai,

Love your name btw and this is my first summer class as well. I’m hoping because it’s online it would push me to be more interactive and sociable.

5. Nathiw Sanchez

Hi Makai!

I hope you like summer classes. This is my second year taking summer classes, and I really enjoy having classes during the summer. Horror movies are not my category but I hope you have some good horror movies to recommendate.