All posts by SIN FONG CHIU

Videos- SIN-FONG CHIU

Videos- SIN-FONG CHIU

Oh No, Pi Politics Again

In video, I feel sorryabout the copyright of the pi song. If I sing someone’s song, I will against to the copyright? People said Chinese sounds like music because there are four different tone, and music have at least seven tone. Putting music into mathematic that is amazing thing I have heard.

Doodling in Math Class: Binary Trees

I recently made a fun little fractal-producing game similar to that where one side of the “branch” so to speak was a quarter-circle; I made various rules for what occurs when the bottom of the circle ran into a straight line (or another bottom half of a circle) and it ended up drawing some interesting shapes. It never seemed to grow a definite pattern though, but this video reignited my desire to figure out just what that pattern was.

Hexaflexagons 2

In this video named “Hexaflexagons”, the girl shows how to make a normal hexaflexagon, with three different colored faces, The one with six different colored faces is shown in the video and forward. Also, a three-sided hexaflexagon is made of 9 triangles plus an optional for gluing. Because each colored side is made of 6 triangles. There are three different colors. 6 times 3 is 18. I use both sides of the paper. 18 divided by 2 is 9.

It was an absolute inspiration. The songs were hilarious. It made me rethink creativity and expressions and meaning. Mathematic can represent in different way. She spoke fast, I replay the video at least twice. She spoke fast. Why she need to speak that fast? I replay the video at least twice

she called herself Vi Hart, Mathemusician. If number can represent in to melody, it will represent in to anything else. Regarding of the video called flexagon, I think it is math. Because the definition of mathematics is the study of topics such as quantity, structure, space, and change. Two topics (structure and change) are involved in the making of a flexdagon. Therefore I consider it as a type of mathematics. The way she teaches is also amazing. It will not only make students have a better understanding of Diagrams, but also inspire students in the entry level of geometry. I may not do this when I teach in the classroom. But I will try to explain more in details of the concept by providing such arts tool sometime after the class, maybe during my office hours.it is connection to last Lockhart’s Lament