Anthony Caliendo Blog

In the article “that dinner tab has soared, here all the reasons”, my opinion on this is that I find it unbelievable on how the prices in restaurants and takeout places have raised a lot, especially here in New York City over the last few years due to the inflation situation happening in the country. But in this article, it reveals on how much the ingredients, supplies and other tools have increased in price that of course makes the food in the kitchen and on the menu to rise as well like the whole bread that costs six dollars at the restaurant in Charlotte, North Carolina but then the same type of bread would only cost somewhere between 2-5 dollars in a local deli or supermarket and as well as the flour and scallops that saw a 10-11 dollar increase in only 3 years. My experience on this situation is that I have noticed a lot of food places in the areas I live in or near by, lots of the items on the menu have raised at least anywhere between 50 cents to almost 2 dollars and with beverages that use to cost anywhere from 1.00-1.50 to now costing at least near 2-3 dollars. In the article the owner “Mr. Moffet” also does try to make the blame on the shortage of staff in the factories and fields as the employment rate in North Carolina is pretty hard to hire and keep people due to poor pay wages and working conditions.