Former Ga. technician falsified mammogram reports

http://news.msn.com/in-depth/former-ga-technician-falsified-mammogram-reports

Rachael Michelle Rapraeger is a technician who has falsified mammogram’s for approximately 1300 women. The punishment for such a horrific crime was SIX months in jail, ten years probation, and $12,500 fine. I also feel that the punishment does not fit the crime, and it is very hard not to be angry at an individual who treat life so carelessly. My heart goes out to these women, especially if they must have followup treatment as a result of such an apathetic outlook towards human life.

Human service students please read this article, and tell me how would you treat these clients, if they came to you and told you their story? I believe a group setting, as well as individual, especially for those whose results are more severe. How would you treat Ms. Rapraeger is she was sent to you as the client?

2 Responses to Former Ga. technician falsified mammogram reports

1. This is extremely horrible to hear about what such a person would do. I believe this person should have a longer sentence in prison because this caused harm to many individuals. Yes, I agree with you that as human service professionals, a group will be effective to help treat these women and process their feelings about what has happened to them.

2. rworrell says:

The harm the technician has done to not only the 1300 patients but also to their families is incomprehensible. She should have received a longer prison term because as a medical personnel she defiled the Hippocratic oath and has caused psychological, and possible physical harm to her clients. Acts such as this create fear and distrust in the medical community. I agree (Mohammed) the victims will benefit from talk therapy.