14 yr old Charged as an Adult

A 14 year old boy charged as an adult for shooting an innocent man on the B15 in Bedford Stuyvesant. The story is heartbreaking and from a human service perspective besides jail time what other services will you give this 14 year old and the victims family who are in serious shock at this moment?

4 Responses to 14 yr old Charged as an Adult

1. This 14 yer old child would need counseling to find out why he feels that is the appropriate response to a dispute. It is sad that this 14 year old fell through the system unnoticed. There may have been signs leading up to this horrific act, which could have brought attention to him needing help. His social environment would also have to be examined because where did he get the gun, who are is peers, parents, why is it acceptable in his mind to kill another person. It appears that he is a sociopath at such a young age. Rehabilitation is required. For the family, unity and love is very important at a time like this. As human service workers we can suggest bereavement groups, education on what the family unit will experience, and counseling, however; when such young children are grieving also, a strong family unit is what is best. Counseling can assist with strengthening the family also.

2. ruzamere says:

This is another example of the system failing our children. Another child lost in the same system that says don’t discipline your children before they become statistic. I think this child needs counseling to better understand the underlining problem.

3. This article was extremely disturbing and heartbreaking. The minor child was believed to be in a gang and aiming to kill another person on the bus, however, he murdered another citizen on the bus. This is extremely heart breaking and caused a life change for both the victim and the and the minor. I think this teenager should be evaluated for any mental illness and to see why he had the urge to shoot somebody. However, they believe that he was in a gang. If he was in a gang and wanted to kill someone, I believe he should be put away for sometime and be counseled at the jail because we don’t need people like this on the streets.

4. My brother suggested I might like this blog. He was totally right.
    This post truly made my day. You can not imagine simply how much
    time I had spent for this info! Thanks!