Prison Population Can Shrink When Police Crowd Streets

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/26/nyregion/police-have-done-more-than-prisons-to-cut-crime-in-new-york.html?pagewanted=all

One Response to Prison Population Can Shrink When Police Crowd Streets

1. Shammara says:

I think adding more police on the street will help to reduce crime, because more poeple would be afraid to commit a crime with police there. I think random stops by police to certain areas will also help to reduce crime, because the ones committing the crimes will never know when the police will show up. I think NYC needs to prioritize better in terms of where their money goes. I think more police presence within our communities should be one of their highest priorities. However, i’m not a huge fan of the stop and frisk law. I feel that throughout the years stop and frisk has been a law that has been abused. I’m not sure how much the stop and frisk law has actually helped to reduce the number of crimes in NYC, but I do feel that this law has done nothing but made some races feel like they are targets by the police. I think just allowing more police to be present in the community would do a lot good.