child Abuse and Violence

Scientic confirmation shows the teen years are a time of significant transformations. Society has become more aware that adolescents have significant nuerological deficiences, and when teenagers come from a home where there is neglect, violent abuse,  sexual abuse etc. these risk factors set the stage for violence and other deviant behaviors. Researchers found that two-thirds of all juveniles sentenced to death had backgrounds of abuse, psychological disorders, low IQ, poverty, and/or substance abuse, and in my opinion this number is to high. These discoveries support why adolescents are less morally liable for their actions. I am not saying that it is okay or do not excuse their behavior, but I am against putting an adolescent in an adult prisons. I believe that there should be rehabilitation for adolescents who have been a negative product of their environment. There should be more services to develop better interpersonal relationships for children at a young age. Deviant behaviors can be identified in schools, and sent to community based services to provide counseling for children who are showing deviant behaviors. Counseling with a cognitive behavioral approach through role play help children and families with better strategies for healthier interpersonal relationships within the home, at school, and in the community. Children need plenty of guidance, but the system has to include the nuclear family as a whole so they can learn to support their children and succeed together.  It is time to make changes in our communities, to make a movement where the school systems not only educate our children, but become indicators of these behaviors, and help parents understand what these dysfunctional dynamics bring into a childs life. I know it is a tough subject, but human services professionals handle tough situations with tenderness toward the people. The stigmatization of special education has to stop so that children with disorders such as low IQ’s  or psychological disorders can be identified. We must help the ones that are fearful of judgement feel comfortable to go somewhere because they feel change can happen, and the communities must stop judging parents and become the backbone they need to raise their children. “IT TAKES ONE PERSON TO HAVE A CHILD, BUT IT TAKE A VILLAGE TO RAISE IT! 

2 Responses to child Abuse and Violence

1. mgarfinkle says:

Good post. What I suggest is anytime you make statements such as your opening statement “scientific confirmation” needs to be supported by references othrwise it would be simply hearsay.

Dr. g

2. Rattling instructive and excellent bodily structure of content material, now that’s user friendly (:.