ADV1100 Graphic Design Principles 1

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Final Critique!

Jenna Spevack
    Participant

Comment on at least 3 of your colleague’s work. Remember to note IN DETAIL what works and what doesn’t. Be constructive.

If your replies do not contain the following they will not count toward your grade:

1. Clear identification of the student whose work you are critiquing.

2. A clear statement about what is successful about the work AND WHY IT IS SUCCESSFUL

3. A clear statement about what is not successful AND WHY IT IS NOT SUCCESSFUL

4. Clear and logical use of the course vocabulary. Refer to the list before posting your reply: http://tinyurl.com/btxv7wl

Sean Nurse
    Participant

Ok so here it is, critique away.

JettoMaku
    Participant

Hello Guys! Jedd here. got some cake? jk
    Here are my works.

Congrats on surviving everyone :D

Okay people, good or bad, critique the crack out of it :)

Xuxa, your work was done well, the way the left arm arched was effective, good job.

Jedd, your kite was pretty awesome, it definitely got the point across.

Sean, I could tell was the point of your picture was, and the color inventory is also accurate with your picture, well done.

JettoMaku
    Participant

@Sean Nurse
    Ayooo mang. You did ya’ll work maad goo brah. i totaly respek dat hard work dawg. dem skills dat ya’ll have,be mad tight brah. dem shizzle be poppin. forrealz. (but seriously)

@Sean
    Nurse
    I am truly fascinated on how you used your childhood memory from when you were biking.
    Im sorry to say, Im just critiquing, but I dont see that much that was successful from what the professor asked.
    I know the reference and the pallet is fine, it matches the color proportionally and the variety of color is good. Its
    just that you need the colors to be right next to each other and you are missing the white color.

For the Final Piece, I think it would have been better if you painted or used other art materials. And it would be better if you resized the figure and relocated it to a different area( ex. top left) and to color it differently. I would suggest a muted color with prismatic accents when you have a light colored background. And also, this seems to be rushed. I know we had limited time, but if I were you, I would at least take my time with the inking. That would bring out attention to the figure. You have good example of dominance color though.

Happy Holidays!

JettoMaku
    Participant

@Xuxa Robinson

Good Job! :D You did really well on this assignment.
    You put a prismatic figure against muted dark color. you can clearly see the main thing.
    And your preference and palette is excelent.
    the only thing that is unsuccessful was using all the same colors from the palette for ur final.

JettoMaku
    Participant

@Daniel Aponte

Dude! I like how you really worked hard on this project.
    I can tell u tried your best while doing this project. Next time, you should
    use the art tools that the professor suggested. Its hard to express your
    work when you don’t have the right equipment for the assignment.
    for your reference and palette, you need to be more neat and accurate
    with your work. for your final, you showed the dominance of the blue hue,
    but its hard to see the saturation between the colors if you use multiple
    art tools, therefore, you should just stick to one.

LimmeruBar
    Participant

sorry i was so late i forgot and i was out all day just got in i hope everyone is having fun today at the end of the world lol

LimmeruBar
    Participant

@Daniel Aponte

i saw you did everything lol looks good still can believe you was that little but it looks good i am happy to see it done and color gives it a 70s feel to it that i liek

LimmeruBar
    Participant

@Xuxa Robinson

like always showing how much talent you have i love how it came out and how big you did it the colors are perfect to show how delicate and dainty it is like youuuuuuu lol ^__^

LimmeruBar
    Participant

@Sean Nurse

i like how it looks all that meticulous work you always do concentration on getting it all down i am happy it came ot as good as it did luck i got there in time so you could give it some color other then the brown you said was coming out of ………. something lol still good work bro

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.