ADV1100 Graphic Design Principles 1

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Final Critique!

Sean Nurse
    Participant

@Tiffanyaustin your work looks really well thought out. There is a stable figure/ground relationship and there is a sense of unity throughout. The accent color stands out but there could have probably been less of it. But otherwise great work.

@Yuliya Great work, there is great attention to detail and the shading creates a beautiful effect. The figure/ground is a little ambiguous but still great work. I especially like how tiny the children are in comparison to the teacher. Good job

@Jedd
    Your picture plane was beautiful. You were able to capture the motion in your subject and it also made me feel something- like freedom, joy or inspiration. So you’re concept, for the project was very successful because it did exactly what we were supposed to do. I like that you mostly used prismatic colors and the warm ones were very bold against the blue. The shape of the clouds has a sort of repetition that reminds me of Ben Snead’s art work. I think what was unsuccessful was the use of your palette on your composition. The red starts to change colors and I don’t know if that was intentional due to color merging.

@Lee
    Your project was successful because television is usually a plays a big part in every childhood. When your parents are too busy, and when you’re just flat out bored, there’s the joy in being able to sit down and watch a good show or movie. Overall, your concept was very successful. You have a great use of economy in which the facial expression of one of your subjects tells the story right away. I suppose the most unsuccessful part is creating that middle ground with you and the television. You might have also wanted to outline Star Wars so that it’s more visible on the television screen.

@Jessica
    (I’m sure this is going to be Daniel’s favorite lol)
    Good work with paint because a lot of people gave up and you kept going.
    Your project was successful because of the use of color on the focal point. It tells a story without having to put in too much detail. I think the closes of the cat to you is really interesting because when you’re young everything looks very big and the color of the cat stands out the most in comparison to the others because it’s prismatic, where everything else is muted. I can see that you added texture to the cat’s fur, which was a great use of line and shape. I like the repetition on the ground because it also gives texture to the background. I think what wasn’t successful was the unity in the composition. It feels a little incomplete to me.

Sean Nurse
    Participant

@Xuxa Robinson – Wow, your this piece is amazing. I can immediately tell what I’m looking at is a ballet dancer in front of a crowd. There is a really obvious figure/ground relationship. The shading really gives it some depth and makes the ballet dancer pop from the rest of the image. The only negative thing I can say is that the colors don’t exactly match the color pallet, their a bit more muted and desaturated than the scarf and mittens. I understand that it’s better for the composition that way though so overall, really great job.

JettoMaku
    Participant

anybody?

Sean Nurse
    Participant

@Jeddy Nah no luck bro and we’re gonna get in trouble for posting this in the final critique and not general communication but YOLO if anyone wants to post there schedule or anything facebook message or post in general communication.

Ryan Samaroo
    Participant

@Tiffany I like your reference in which it was successfully used in your freestudy. i see that there is figure-ground relationship. The blue was successfully used to create a focal point. Overall, good job.

@Yuliya unity was successful in your freestudy, everything well well drawn and planned out. I like how you used the perpective as you being he student looking up to the teacher who is reading the book. The reference was also a creative idea using your bag to create the palette and color was well planned out with the study.

@Lee the illustration is very good, which make is a successful concept. You basically sent out the message of kids watching there fav t.v. show in which in this case it’s star wars, which makes this economy. With the colors used I think painting it will make it stand out even more.

Ryan Samaroo
    Participant

Freestudy & Reference

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.