Capa’s Death of a Loyalist Soldier

Robert Capa’s Death of a Loyalist Soldier, has been a center of controversy deciding if the photo was staged or in fact real. Reading Richard Whelan’s opinion on Capa’s photo, I could see exactly why he thought that this photo was staged. Everything in the photograph looked to be too perfect, the perfect emotion, the perfect pose, even the perfect angle. Whelan also shows another similar picture of another soldier who also is shown in the same position as the Loyalist Soldier. At first glance, I did believe that both photos were the same soldier in different poses. Actually looking at the photograph, I was able to make out that both photographs were different men. Looking at the photograph in deeper detail, I came to the conclusion that the photograph could not have been faked. There is so much pain in the soldier’s pain that I cant see how anyone could fake that emotion. I also believe to be real because this is the type of photographs that Capa set out to capture and I don’t believe he would go about to faking this when he’s trying to report what exactly is happening in the world.

This entry was posted in Homework, Student Posts. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Capa’s Death of a Loyalist Soldier

1. xlz says:

i disagree with your statement, because i think you can’t take a perfect photo when something is happening around you, and when you hear gun shot or whatever like something loud your first reaction of course is run, run as fast as you can, or let set he set a camera there but the gun shot is everywhere how the camera can survived.