HW#1

Hey, so my name is Jesenia Oquendo and I’m currently a senior at City Tech, majority in communication design. As far as this clad being a requirement, I’ve always been interested and appreciated photography. So I felt taking up the class would be a good idea.

I myself personally am very into being a “phone photographer”. I have an iPhone 6s Plus and majority of the time, I’m taking photos on it due to the great photo quality. Yes, it is great that the camera being easy access is successful but I do feel as if it takes back a lot of creativity. Social media’s that have to do with photographs such as Instagram and Flickr are good so that people can view other’s photography skills but people tend to be repetitive. Smartphone photographs are art.

Phone photography, in my opinion is definitely successful. While many people own DSLR camera’s, such as I, phone’s are to be more easy accessible. I do not believe just because phone’s having easy access to camera’s make an individual less creative. Nowadays, there are apps where a person can edit photos that were taken beforehand.

Yes, smartphone photography is art. People can easily manipulate photos by using filters, adjust lighting, as well as photo retouching using different apps. Within the TIMES magazine article on the iPhone 6s campaign, 53 images from 41 amateurs and professional photographers are featured while the focal point is of portraits, consisting of subtle everyday moments.

Within the iPhone 5 parody, the key idea is the illusion of a fulfilling life. “Picture your life, better.” It’s a parody of a camera appearing as an iPhone due to the fact that majority of individuals take photos of food and post it social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, Tumblr, Twitter and Snapchat. I found this video hilarious because I myself take photos of food whenever I go out to eat or when I’m with friends.

This entry was posted in Student Posts. Bookmark the permalink.