WPC’S International Women’s Day Annual Event 2022

Women’s Press Collective has an annual event for International Women’s Day in March. This event is very significant to the organization and what WPC stands for. The volunteers and anyone associated with WPC are mostly women or support women and women’s rights.  The event is held at Lafayette Avenue Presbyterian Church in Brooklyn,NY.  The event was is usually bigger however due to COVID the event was smaller than usual and people had to wear a mask. The event had performers and food as well, my favorite performers of the event was a group called Batala.  Batala is a women’s Samba reggae Brazilian drumline group. Their performance was amazing and well put together.

Below are pictures of the flyer and tickets for the event. Another volunteer designer from Denver and I work on the flyer together. We choose the colors (purple and orange) and designed the layout of the information that was given to us. I also got the chance to see the whole printing process from start to finish. I was able to create the plate for the flyer; which will be transferred on to the press. And see the process of how the offset printing press works from beginning of job to end.