Collaborative Projects at WPC

Interning at WPC just about everything is a collaborative effort. During my time at WPC I collaborate with fellow designers and city tech students on design jobs for WPC. The first project I collaborated on was WPC’s annual International Women’s Day flyer. Me and fellow volunteer sat for a couple hours deigning the layout on the page. We were given a check list which would ensure that we were following the directions given and to see how far we got with the project. The flyer was a two color job which meant that we could only choose two colors. The colors chosen where purple and orange. Purple and orange which are secondary colors that work together. For this project it was important to make sure that the image was not being out shined in anyway and would grasp the viewers attention. The image is a photo of women protesting worker rights.

Secondly I have been working on stationery design for WPC’s 40th anniversary event happening this summer. Head of operations wanted me and my fellow City Tech interns to think of some fun ideas/designs for planners, calendars and notepads to be given to everyone that comes to the event. The project is still a work in progress at the moment.