Brooklyn museum

At march 16,My visit to the Brooklyn Museum was an opportunity to discover and experience the wonders of african art. I think the African art is freedom, they created the art work to show what they want the world to be , seem  many mask, key, and many graphic . i think these work not only for showing , it stills present what african people want to tell. freedom , better life, and happiness.

what I know about the african , i think only  i know they living very harder, and they don’t have any good chance and stuffs to change their life, they still living in bad house and the environment still bad,  they could not have more clear water to drink and shower, maybe i only know these bad things, but  I think they do have very good talents at art.

This one is Kuma Mask ,”Unidentified Bobo artist in late 19 th or early 20 th century , its discover at Northwestern Burkina Faso Wood, pigment ,Iron” and this is the gift of Rosemary and George  Lois, This mask blends features of a hornbill bird, or we can call Kuma ,with the horn of a buffalo, combining animals associated with great wisdom and danger. Men wearing such mask perform at the initiation rites to mens’s societies, at the funerals of important male elders,and at annual harvest ceremonies. The fact that this mask has only one buffalo horn may indicate that its design was transferred between clans,in which case the original form, with two horns, would have been slightly altered. therefore  i think this mask can present the wisdom with the power to tell people ,if someone can have this , that one have power and smart brain.

And this one is Pendant Crosses in Unidentified Amhara artists at 19th or 20 th century by Silver.and this is gift of George V. Corinaldi ,Jr.79.72.20.12.27. for this one I see it at very good in balance and symmetry  , the graphic is organize by people who just design this one. space and balance using very good at this one.

1646433763

This one work to me with i see myself in this one.I See this  of myself because as i come to US at first day, i see so many race people , i see this world not only have chinese around me , we still see many different races, are they easy with communicate , are they very nice one can help when u need some help. I am happy with i have chance to see many different race people in my life. as i saw this model, i found this is same feeling with i came US at first day

and This one is Grey Area( Brown Version) at 1993, by Fred Wilson, for this one Fred Wilson use paint plaster ,and wood to create and explore issues of race , gender, class,politics and aesthetics, Made up of five portrait heads of the  Egyptian queer Nefertiti, Grey Area refers to one of the most copy works of ancient civilization. The otherwise identical plaster effigies, which he purchased and painted, illustrate a values scale ranging in cool from oatmeal to dar chocolate.

Thanks for the professor  take us for this trip,  and this trip let me more deeper know more stuff and culture  of the African art and African history ,thanks for African Art show me many different idea of creating .I think this trip teach me so much of different creating for graphic . we can take so many idea from our life as African people to present what they want tell the world.