PROGRESS OF GETTING INTERNSHIP

JOURNAL#2

I am interning in “Calling All Graphics” which is a private company that has a one president/supervisor. My job is helping her with the projects, so basically I am the graphic design intern. For example, designing logos, menu boards, flyers, posters, signages and packaging. My supervisor is the owner and creator of a printing / graphic design / marketing business, with a total of 18+ years experience in the graphic design and printing industry. She has management level skills and normally working in a fast paced, high pressure deadline environment. She is also organized, multi-task oriented, articulate team player with the ability to develop and maintain long term working relationships with clients and staff. She has many clients that she used to work with them for many years. Which is also made me get inspired of building strong network.

I looked up many websites for applying on internships like Google, Linked-in, Indeed, Glassdoor, but I could not get a response back from any of them which made me upset and hopeless about it. After registering for this class, my professor kept contacting with me on finding internships and referring me some companies. I emailed and called them everyday until I get a response back. Finally I called my supervisor who is the president of “Calling All Graphics”, she told me she would like to see some of my work and my resume. After sending her my work she emailed me back saying that she loved my work and want me to start as soon as possible. So I basically did not go for an interview everything happened through email. My supervisor explained the first day of her work which she is doing for her customers like menu boards, outside signages, business cards, flyers etc.