LEARNING WITH C.A.G

JOURNAL#4

Learning in internship is definitely different from learning in school. You are working with real clients, dealing with their claims and working in a deadline environment which is shorter than you are working with a project in school. Normally our professors gave us a week to get the work done. In my internship working in a project for 2 days is too much because we have other clients who are waiting for their stuff. Let me explain how the process of work goes in C.A.G.

My supervisor get a call from a client. She speaks with them on her personal mobile device and she puts the phone on speaker so I can hear it too and understand from their view. Two ears are better than one ear you know. After we both take notes, me and my supervisor discuss about what can we do about it. If it is a re-design work, we look up for different things to improve the work and show it visually in a better way. Mostly we both work on 2 different projects because she is really busy on getting the work done. So sometimes she gives me the information the notes for the project or if it is a re-design issue, I fix all of them and I do make sure everything is correct. Then she send what I did to the clients and after they confirm it she send to print production. As I said in my previous post, she is handling the printing process too.

We are working mostly with designing menus and menu boards for the restaurants. I barely learned “Tabs” in school but without practicing it did not work for me in the beginning of internship. She is really kind on teaching and I learned that we should not be scared to ask. Because if you make a mistake without asking thats a real issue. Your supervisor might think that you do not know what you are doing. But if you ask them even you make a mistake they will be understandable. I learned how to work with “Tabs” and now it is much more easier to design a menu. As a business wise, I explored from my supervisor how to handle with clients, how to communicate with them and not lose interaction with them, otherwise you might not lose a job forever.