Introduction

pic

When you are able to relate to your patient’s fear of the dental chair you can connect with them effortlessly !

As long as I can remember I have always been afraid of the dentist mainly due to lack of knowledge.  Not knowing what to expect created an overwhelming fear that was beyond my or my parent’s control.  Sadly to say, by the age of 18, I already had two permanent molars decayed beyond repair with retained roots.  You may ask yourself, how did I end up in this profession?

It all started with a job offer as a dental assistant in 2002 at the age of 19.  In need of a stable income at that moment, my financial need overcame my dental fear.  Unknown to me at the time, I had accepted a job offer that has forever changed my life !  I was fortunate to join an office that provided quality dental care within an atmosphere free from dental fear.  A boss that made me realize the talent I possess and the potential I had to continue my education.  Little did I know, for the next 12 years working in the same office, one day I woke up and decided it was time to make a decision.  I decided to become a Registered Dental Hygienist to continue my passion of providing quality patient education in the hopes of eliminating dental fear and promoting optimal oral health.