Career

I have been a Certified Dental Assistant for over 15 years and decided to pursue a career in Dental Hygiene.  I am currently in my senior year and plan to pursue a Bachelor’s in Health Services Administration.  I am very passionate about providing quality patient education especially among youth where I find I can make the biggest impact.

Certified Dental Assistant • Bronsky Orthodontics • August 2015 – September 2017

In August 2015 while still taking some last prerequisite courses before entering the Dental Hygiene program,  I was employed by an Upper East side orthodontic private practice.  As a certified orthodontic dental assistant, my duties included hands on responsibilities such as; direct bonding, Invisalign attachment placement, fitting and placing orthodontic bands, taking diagnostic records, providing quality patient oral health education, sterilizing instruments, pouring study models, recording patient data electronically, scanning using itero system etc.. I maintained my position in this office part time while I juggled the dental hygiene program, however in the Fall of 2017 I decided that I had to dedicate myself once again full time to school.

Recognition “Staff Spotlight”

Certified Dental Assistant • Dr Joy Hudecz •   February 2002 – August 2013

My first job as a dental assistant was in February 2002 at a private orthodontic practice in Brooklyn Heights with an additional office in Park Slope.  At this office I was able to grow and expand my functions as an assistant.  With the continued support and encouragement of my boss, I was able to achieve my Certified Dental Assistant License.   I maintained my position in this office for about 12 years until August 2013 when I decided to pursue a dental hygiene career.  I sadly had to stop working to dedicate myself as a full time student.  I am grateful for the amazing experience within this office where I was always demonstrated that I was a valued member of their team.