3 thoughts on “Heather Parton, Assignment One

1. VERY NICE! LOVE IT!

Heather consider the use of line weight. Right now all of your lines are the SAME. Also I dont like the crosshatch on the bear’s shirt… it feels messy and adds nothing. It also does not conform to the bear to describe him. Lastly the bear’s paws seem strange. One paw implies 4 “fingers” and one implies 3… and if the fur on the arm on the bar is against the bar… would it be flatter?

2. Thanks for the comments, I will work on those changes. The cross-hatching was actually a plaid to tie into the whole Canadian lumberjack bear after work theme. You are right about the line weight, compared to my earlier sketches this feels much flatter, I guess I expected the details that would bring it back to life would happen in the inking stage.

• Heather- I think that can totally happen, the whole inking will bring it back to life thing and not really working out the line weight at this stage of the game. BUT for this class, humor me and demonstrate the same thinking you did in the sketches – make this lively and really work those lines. It will only make the inked final better.

Why not look at actual plaid for your Bear after work? REFERENCE!