COMD 2313 Illustration 1, FA2017

active 2 days, 13 hours ago
COMD 2313 Illustration 1, FA2017
Communication Design
COMD 2313

This course is a practical introduction to the field of illustration. Focus will be places on
process work and professional practices, presented within contemporary and historical
context. Course includes projects and lectures in a variety of illustration genres including:
product design and advertising, storyboard, book illustration, editorial illustration, and
institutional illustration. A variety of materials will be introduced through lectures and
demonstrations for use on assignments such as: pencil, pen and ink, brush, colored pencil,
brush and paint, and collage. Critical concepts such as: Conceptual Development, Working
on Assignment, Composition, Contrast, Value, Point of View, and Color theory will be
introduced.

Final Final Pencil

Hi Professor, I wasn't happy with my final pencil so I redrew it. I adjusted the entire […] See MoreFinal Final Pencil

Submit Your Work PROJECT 3 : EDITORIAL ILLUSTRATION

PROJECT 3 : EDITORIAL ILLUSTRATION Overall Project Description:   Create an Editorial […] See MoreSubmit Your Work PROJECT 3 : EDITORIAL ILLUSTRATION

Final pencil

See MoreFinal pencil

Hoa I LOVE the idea that you considered how a person would HOLD the magazine... it WORKS SO […] See More

Okay cool! No problem! See More

The concept is free to play players that don't pay to win trying to become as strong as the player […] See More

Product Illustration that I admire: Angry Orchard

The illustration for the Angry Orchard apple cider really stands out. It's colorful and sharp and it speaks for itself. The illustrator, Gregory Titus did a great job with the sketches and revisions. He uses clean lines and mood to the […] See MoreProduct Illustration that I admire: Angry Orchard

Product Illustrations I like

Peter Keehn - Pumpkin Harry Waine - Ice Cream The packages are unique methods of packaging objects that would otherwise be left unpackaged in any other scenario. A fridge magnet and a lapel pin created by independent artists. The ice […] See MoreProduct Illustrations I like