COMD 2313 Illustration 1, FA2017

active 1 week, 2 days ago
COMD 2313 Illustration 1, FA2017
Communication Design
COMD 2313

This course is a practical introduction to the field of illustration. Focus will be places on
process work and professional practices, presented within contemporary and historical
context. Course includes projects and lectures in a variety of illustration genres including:
product design and advertising, storyboard, book illustration, editorial illustration, and
institutional illustration. A variety of materials will be introduced through lectures and
demonstrations for use on assignments such as: pencil, pen and ink, brush, colored pencil,
brush and paint, and collage. Critical concepts such as: Conceptual Development, Working
on Assignment, Composition, Contrast, Value, Point of View, and Color theory will be

Expressive Line : Master's Study Egon Sheile & David Mack

Lines are where most people begin when first starting to draw. By themselves, lines are […] See MoreExpressive Line : Master's Study Egon Sheile & David Mack

John Hendrix, This is Culture.

Please Read John Hendrix, This is Culture.   In a few sentences discuss the article. […] See MoreJohn Hendrix, This is Culture.

Project 4 final Luis Murillo

See MoreProject 4 final Luis Murillo

PROFESSOR! The link is no link.... See More

Heather these are both great! I tTHINK I like top one better... but go with your gut! See More

Product Illustration that I admire: Angry Orchard

The illustration for the Angry Orchard apple cider really stands out. It's colorful and sharp and it speaks for itself. The illustrator, Gregory Titus did a great job with the sketches and revisions. He uses clean lines and mood to the […] See MoreProduct Illustration that I admire: Angry Orchard

Product Illustrations I like

Peter Keehn - Pumpkin Harry Waine - Ice Cream The packages are unique methods of packaging objects that would otherwise be left unpackaged in any other scenario. A fridge magnet and a lapel pin created by independent artists. The ice […] See MoreProduct Illustrations I like