Future Teaching Goals

I plan to continue evolving as an engaged and engaging instructor throughout my career at City Tech. To do this I will continue to seek out opportunities for pedagogical growth and curriculum development. Some specific possibilities for my future include:

• Participating in Open Educational Resources initiatives to make textbook information open, current, and accessible for City Tech students.
  • Attending advanced OpenLab workshops to learn how to integrate new technologies into my teaching practices, such as collaborative digital annotation
  • Attend Writing Across the Curriculum workshops to improve planning and grading practices for writing intensive course
  • Developing new place-based assignments to foster student learning in relation to our surrounding community, including integrating more field trips to places such as the Brooklyn Historical Society and the Brooklyn Museum
  • Supporting undergraduate research as a Faculty Mentor for the Emerging Scholars Program
  • Exploring the possibility of developing and teaching new interdisciplinary courses
  • Developing new permanent courses that reflect the shifting needs of the City Tech student population