Question 8

This book is definitely different from all the other books we have read.  With a memoir the book is usually past events of the narrator or main character.  In this book we can out ourselves more into the character’s shoes compared to Giovanni’s Room or On The Road. Even though On The Road is almost an autobiography, it still has a lack in interest.  With Giovanni’s Room you can and can not put yourself into David’s shoe’s he is a constant liar and it seems to conflict with the story telling.  With the images that are in the book helps have a better understanding and image to your own imagination.  It help broaden your perspective of the the story.

This entry was posted in Blog Post 6. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Question 8

1. Hussain says:

i think that a memoir also helps capture our attention more knowing that the events in the story are most likely true.

2. dcaban428 says:

A memoir for me is to really understand where the author/character is from and understand and sometimes help them understand who they are.

3. Jenny Phan says:

For me I feel memoir is like a dairy. It brings us closer to the author and allow us to step into her world. She also lets us imagine what is it like to be her. Also, she provides us pictures for us to have a better understanding if her.

4. janessa says:

I also think that a memior is like a diary because it gives you a day in the life of the author. I like the idea of giving us an insight oin the authors life.