Blog#6 Quest.#3

“On page 51 of the text, Allison writes, “Women lose their lives not knowing they can do something different. Men eat themselves up believing they have to be the thing they have been made.” Reflect on what this quote means in the context of gender (masculinity and femininity). Discuss the meaning of this quote in the context of the book

I believe the author when she said “Women lose their lives not knowing they can do something different. Men eat themselves up believing they have to be the thing they have been made.”  she meant to say that they (Women) believed that their role was to be in the kitchen and raising the kids, while the Men was the one to bring food to the table and be superior. I also think the quote means that Women never though of doing something different or explore outside their zone because they didn’t have the economic status or the opportunity to do so. While the Men had the opportunity to do so but didn’t took advantage to of it or didn’t know how to handle it and waste it.

This entry was posted in Blog Post 6. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Blog#6 Quest.#3

1. Rachel says:

I completely agreed regarding the roles of both women and men. Women never give themselves a chance to seek, discover, and explore opportunities to make themselves better. I also agreed what you stated, “they didn’t have the economic status” because women feel as though they do not deserve that entitlement. They lack of self-confidence in themselves. Women need to take intuition and outwit men in some way/form.