Blog post 6 Question 1

Both stories The House on Mango street and Two or Three things I know for sure have both simalarities and differences.They are similar in the way that they both talk about their childhood and their dreams and goals for the future. They both live in an environment where things just do not come easy to them and they must work for it. The differences being thatt their race is completely different and where they live. Both have different goals , Esperanza wishes to have more money and a nice house and Dorothy just cares to be free and see the world and places she hasnt seen yet.

This entry was posted in Blog Post 6. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Blog post 6 Question 1

1. ms.bueno says:

I think another similarity Esperanza and Dorothy have is that they both wrote about how women around them feel stuck and don’t know how to get out or change the way they live they’re life. The circumstances in which they both grew up were difficult but it helped in the development of how they were going to stray away from the norms placed on them.

2. I totally agree with you. Esperanza and Dorothy speak about their childhood. The only big difference is that Esperanza issues is related to money whereas Dorothy issues is mostly due their family problem.

3. dcaban428 says:

I agree with the differences and the similarities between Esperanza and Dorothy, but the biggest similarities between that I believe is pretty much a dream of a different life for an escape from where they are when the stories are being told.

4. cindy says:

i agreed with the differences and the similarities between Esperanza and Dorothy. they both did live a difficult life, they both talk about their childhood, their goals for the future but the biggest difference they have is that Esperanza issue was related to money, to material things where as Dorothy issues is mostly because their family problem, and not acceptance for herself, not knowing how to love her self