Chelsea Piers Screenplay

FADE IN:

1 EXT. NEW YORK CITY – MIDDAY – CLOSEUP

Tourists and locals exist out of the train station as CAMERA ZOOMS OUT to see bustling New York City.

CUT TO:

2 EXT. NEW YORK CITY – MIDDAY – CLOSEUP – ENTRANCE OF TRAIN STATION

Tourist, Kelly, walks out to see locals busily walking around – lots of street traffic. Kelly a first- timer to New York is very enthusiastic and wanting to experience everything it has to offer. At the moment, Kelly looks confused of her surroundings.

CUT TO:

3 INSERT – PHONE- CLOSEUP

Phone shows map of local attractions near Kelly’s location.

CUT TO:

4 EXT. NEW YORK CITY – MIDDAY – MED TWO SHOT – KELLY AND KAVEESH

KELLY
(confused)
Excuse me, I’m not from around here and I’m looking for a place where I could possibly get a quick fun workout and I heard Chelsea Piers is around here. Can you show me where it is?

VOICE (O.S.)
Kaveesh, local resident, decides to help Kelly by showing her around.

KAVEESH
Umm… sure why not, I was on my way there.
FAST FORWARD:

5 EXT. NEW YORK CITY – MIDDAY – LONG SHOT – CHELSEA PIERS

VOICE (O.S.)
Chelsea Piers is a 28- acre sports complex that located between 17th and 23rd Street along the Hudson River which aims to improve the quality of life by providing a place where both adults and children can relax, play, and compete.

CUT TO:

6 EXT. CHELSEA PIERS – MIDDAY – MED SHOT – KELLY AND KAVEESH

KELLY
Wow! Is this the pier? I heard it wasn’t always a recreational complex.

KAVEESH
Yes and you’re right! The piers were used by soldiers who embarked here for the battlefields of World War I and II, immigrants who came to catch a ferry to Ellis Island, and not to mention the Titanic was suppose to dock here on April 16, 1912 two days after it sunk.

FADE TO:

7 INSERT – IMAGES OF RECREATIONAL OPTIONS

VOICE (O.S.)
Chelsea Piers provides an extensive amount recreational opportunities whether you’ve come to hone your athletic edge or just have some good old family fun. This 28- acre sports complex features a year round ice rink, year round driving range, a full service gym and fitness club, Pier Sixty, as well as, their own state- of- the- art bowling facility.

CUT TO:

8 EXT. CHELSEA PIERS – MIDDAY – LONG SHOT – KELLY AND KAVEESH

Kelly and Kaveesh exit and walk away from Chelsea Piers with smiles on their faces.

VOICE (O.S)
After a long day of touring the piers, Kelly and Kaveesh have enjoyed their day at Chelsea Piers, while, Kelly is anxiously waiting to come back with her friends next time she visits.

FADE OUT:
THE END
CREDITS

Tourist Kelly – Kelly Laurent
Local Kaveesh – Kaveesh Singh
Voice (O.S.) – Tony Wu
Filming – Tony Wu
Screenplay – Kelly Laurent, Kaveesh Singh, Tony Wu

WORKS CITED

Martin, Douglas. “Chelsea Piers, Where Grown-Ups Play, Too.” The New York Times. The New York Times, 04 Aug. 2000. Web. 19 Nov. 2013.

“About Chelsea Piers.” Chelsea Piers. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 Nov. 2013.

“Chelsea Piers History 101.” The History of Chelsea Piers. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Nov. 2013.