Culmination Entry #10

Play this for a much better reading experience.

Dear Journal,

Once again, I apologize for not writing sooner. I am still recovering from Spring break and today, I missed yet another meeting with my culmination advisor which I only need one more. However, he did say that I was on track and my game looks really great. Speaking of my game, it is almost ready for presentation so all I need to do is make improvements and tweaks to make sure that I covered every possible scenario such as the player finding a loophole or a cheat around a boss. This demo will last the player a few hours so it is good enough to present and it gives the player something to look forward to.

This is the last month before the semester ends. I went back earlier to try and improve my poster and lo and behold, I had a solution. So I decided to move everything closer to the center so that the edges are blank and when I was finished, it looks way better than before because the background photo I had helped created a custom border. Now that my poster is ready, back to my game. Some games I know had a code feature that players can solve in order to open doors. I have recently learned how to do so and it works perfectly. As of now, it does nothing if you are wrong but I will put in a battle sequence of an enemy that if the player wins, it will motivate him/her to think carefully and input their answer. The guide will contain the answer but I highly doubt they’ll need it.

I can tell you’re getting excited, journal. I just made a commitment that I will force myself awake to do as much as I could. It may deteriorate my health and overall well-being but I believe it is necessary because there is still so much work to be done. Not just here but other classes too. Time for me to get my ass in motion because I need to break free from the shackles of college. I just hope I can do so in time. Farewell for now.

Your friend,

Virgilio Samo III

This entry was posted in Weekly Journals and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.