The Job Search

Graduating soon? Scared you won’t be able to find a job? Well there’s hope for those wanting to land a job after graduation.
The demand for people with bachelor degree’s appear to be growing. In fact, according to a new survey released this month from Michigan State University, the labor market for college graduates hasn’t been this good since 1999.
“There are lot’s of good opportunities out there,” says Phil Gardner, director of Michigan State’s College Employment Research Institute, which conducted the study, Recruiting Trends 2015-2016.
The annual survey on hiring trends found that companies say they are hiring 8% to 18% more college graduates this year over 2014-2015. The most significant increases were for students with bachelor’s degrees in the finance, government, nonprofit, education, and scientific services sectors, it reports.
I think finding a job is the number one thing all graduates worry about. Especially with our current economy. So hopefully this can put you all at some ease as you get out there and begin your job search.

1 thought on “The Job Search

1. Thanks for writing this post! I am graduating in June 2016 and all of a sudden I am getting flooded with e-mails asking me if I would be interested in making appointments about applying for grad school, but of course find a full-time job is on my top priority list.