Essay #6 Reflection

This semester in English we got the opportunity to express our views on various topics. Such as our opinions on what we thought about readings that we discussed in class for example, City Limits and Reading Lucy. We were challenged to really think about what each author was saying in the story, and how we could relate to that subject. We were encouraged to write about each topic on our class site “openlab”. As a class we got to observe photographs and really think about it in a way that we never had before. We mainly focused on Brooklyn and how we could make our experience at City Tech better. We got to take an actual walking tour of Brooklyn Heights and its neighborhood, and researched Brooklyn’s history at the Brooklyn Historical Society. Professor Rosen gave an assignment to walk 15 minutes away from our college and find a place that we felt was important for everyone to know about. That assignment made me learn that there are many things Brooklyn has to offer right by our school. It also got a chance for our peers to share locations that was new to everyone. In class we had open discussions on what we felt was important in every topic that we discussed. Also to take our writing abilities beyond what we thought that we could do. By revising and making drafts that our Professor made comments about and helped us to perfect our writing. Also to do peer revisions as well in class and listening to what our peers felt about our work. This first semester showed me that there are many different ways of learning about things, not just reading something in book. Telling Brooklyn’s Stories gave me a new perspective of what college can offer me, meeting new people and being hands on with history and professors.

This entry was posted in Reflections and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.