City Tech Alumni Event

For my third networking event, I went to the City Tech Alumni Event. This event was located in the Namm Building in the room next to the cafeteria. Each person was given a name tag to write on as a means of a simple introduction. From there, everyone would sit in small groups with different alumni from the school to discuss design related topics. From what I saw, there was a lot of people who were interested in Graphic Design as well as Advertising. Surprisingly, those were the only topics that were spoken about during my time at the event.

Out of the three events that I went to, this one felt the most “meh” to me. My primary reason for being at this event was because I had to complete the Networking Event requirement for the Internship class. Taking this into consideration, I entered the event with a rather uninterested state of mind. Also, as an Illustrator stuck in a sea of Graphic & Advertising designers, I instantly felt out of place. This event would be more suitable for someone from those design fields as opposed to someone like myself. In other words, the event was somewhat irrelevant to me. Sure, I did meet different people since that is the purpose of networking. However, the subject matter ended up not being of much worth in the end.