Mission Statement

This blog will be used to explain different advertisements that catch my interest and how they impact my creativity as a student majoring in Communication Design. This blog will be helpful for people looking for a student’s perspective on the advertising industry. In addition, the blog will be informative to students that are majoring in advertising or a related field of study. It will also help people approach advertising in a different way based on my blog posts. I want to show through this blog my own feelings on different advertisements that I see and these feelings will impact my progress leading to a career in advertising. Furthermore, the image that I want my blog to project is a more casual yet opinionated focus on various advertisements that I see. Not all of the advertisements I see are amazing. There are some that are terrible while others are excellent. All of them will inspire me and develop my own perspective on what advertising should be.

The title for my blog is “Student in an Ad World.” The reason why I chose this title because as a student, everywhere I go I am bombarded with advertisements. Being a student, I am learning from these advertisements I see in order to help adapt and live in a world full of advertisements. In addition, I’d like to credit www.ibelieveinadv.com as my inspiration for this blog because it is a wonderful site that uploads a lot of different advertisements with relevant credit. If my blog becomes successful, it can help companies or people see how they should advertise their brand or product based on a young adult’s perspective. Also in the future to make my blog better, I would need to design it to be easily accessible and allow people to give their own feedback on my blog posts.