Publication Questions/ Unit 3 Schedule

Part 1. On the @hazingprevention page, they have pictures about the actions people should take in order to prevent hazing. During national hazing prevention week, they consistently posted about taking a pledge to prevent hazing and to participate in their free programs to raise awareness of hazing. In these pictures they have young people take the pledge. That tells me, they think their audience is young people in college or people that want to pledge into a fraternity/sorority. On the page, their pictures usually have a message and they go into more details in the description. They also encourage people to join live webinars where important advocates talk more in depth about hazing and their experiences. The page consists of the colors purple and white. The tone is usually educative and serious. The diction usually used is formal. I think this would be a good publication to reach my intended audience because my intended audience is mostly on this social media platform and I feel like this publication is directly speaking to them. They also have powerful messages on their pictures which I think catch my intended audience’s attention.

Part 2. (Plan for Unit 3) Step 1. Look at pictures hazing websites use//create unique pictures to use and create instagram account (complete by 11/24) Step 2. Create a breakdown of my information for individual posts (complete by 11/30) Step 3. Start posting information on instagram account (complete by 12/5)