In Class Writing 11/29

*The language and tone are very formal. The voice is speaking at a constant volume and speed.  It sounds like someone’s telling a story.

*They’re not specifically using any sources. They’re giving examples to further prove what they’re talking about. And they use evidence (events from the past) that justifies their point.

*The narrator asks questions, then gives the answers to the questions. They use images that relate to or are from the events they’re talking about. It’s like a little slide show, but it runs smoothly and has smooth transitions. There’s low instrumental music in the background.

*The video is 9 minutes long.

*I think the target audience is anyone who doesn’t value the little things and events in life. The entire point the narrator is making is that every small thing we do has a consequence. Another possible target audience could be people who are hopeless with their life. The narrator said something specific that led me to this conclusion. At the end of the video they said, “So if you ever thought your life doesn’t matter, believe me, it really does.” They’re trying to encourage people to better understand that every decision we make that seems insignificant, leads to bigger things later. And we all play a part in everything that happens in the world.

*I would like to be as clear as the narrator is in the video. Anyone watching the video would most likely agree with the narrator afterwards because they were easy to understand and persuasive kind of.

*I’d like to avoid saying that my piece will have a specific effect on the audience. The title of the video is “The Butterfly Effect; This Video Will Change Your Life; Documentary”. I feel like by saying that the video will “change” someone’s life is a little dramatic. But then again it might help get more views and a larger audience. Personally, I wouldn’t make the same decision. To get a larger audience I would put an interesting image as clickbait to draw people in. Or I would try to make an interesting title.

Video- The Butterfly Effect | This Video Will Change Your Life | Documentary – YouTube