Homework 1.3

Throughout the three different essays we have read, I noticed that I should write at my own comfort zone. My concerns I feel about writing my own education narrative are where would I start. Yet after reading these essays I feel like it may be easier for myself knowing there doesn’t have to be a start and it doesn’t matter whether it is good or bad. Like within the text “Maybe I Could Save Myself By Writing” the author JosĂ© Olivarez, explained later on how he wanted many things in his educational narrative and as he explained those things I saw how he was comfortable and enthusiastic writing about it. Another thing I noticed after reading the three essays were that the authors all tend to tell their stories within them to create their educational narrative. Within the essay “The Fourth of July” the Audre Lorde occasionally used stories to convey their educational narrative and often included many details just to develop a understanding within your head of the surroundings. For example Audre Lorde says “I remember it was Philadelphia because I was disappointed not to have passed by the Liberty Bell.” I can understand that it was important to Audre to explain this detail and was necessary to build up the later text to within the essay. So after reading the three essays I believe its best to start with what I am most comfortable with and if I am most comfortable with a story then so be it.