Homework 2.1

Even though America has had many hardships, James Baldwin is emphasizing to his student that there is still a vast and lovely world outside of the country. When he says in the text “the world is larger”, it is to my understanding that when you compare the U.S. and the trials and tribulations that they went through with  the world as a whole, one can see that many of the issues are in fact worldwide.

When I was a kid,  I found myself interested in true crime. The intensity of some of the cases really sparked my curiosity. Which inevitably caused me to go down a rabbit hole of serial killer stories and documentaries. Luckily, I’m still very interested in that topic and due to me being older, I’m able to access resources that I couldn’t beforehand. When i started to ask questions regarding the cases, the minor details start to make themselves known. Everything tends to click in one way or another.

Over the years, my curiosity have changed maturity wise. The older I got, more I became aware of the severity of the cases. I started to fully process the disturbing and gruesome details that were in these acts. But luckily the school that I was attending at the time gave me access to books that focused on one case at a time so that I can really dig deeper into what took place  and what the victims had to go through.