Homework d.1

The article “Later” by James Surowiecki talks an interesting story about procrastination and how it evolves with people. I found this article interesting and confusing. I found it interesting because he uses stories to make the story more appealing. For example in the first paragraph he talks about how it took his friend a long time to get his stuff to the states from india. And when he says about anyone going through things in life, “Many of us go through life with an array of undone tasks, large and
small, nibbling at our conscience”. Also how he uses procrastination with a certain word. That can relate to people on a daily or have a significant meaning to it. people procrastinate due to a lack of motivation or discipline. They feel like they have time to the task so they do it on the last second. Because they don’t find it interesting. Something i found confusing is how the article is structure because it talks about something then it switches to something else. For example when he was talking about General George McClellan. He says, “So a fuller explanation of procrastination really
needs to take account of our attitudes to the tasks being avoided”. But then talks about how those procrastination made him a great leader. “who led the Army of the Potomac during the early years of the Civil War and was one of the greatest procrastinators of all time”. Something i can relate to is perfectionism because i like having everything to be perfect to be appealing to me. I feel like the purpose of the article was to help individuals that struggle with the purpose of the article was to help individuals that struggle with procrastination  and the problems is has. But i feel like this is something that everyone can relate to. Overall the article had important point about the purpose of the article was to help individuals that struggle with procrastination.