Homework D.1

Reading this article it wasn’t very appealing because I found it boring since I’ve personally heard people talk about ways to stop procrastinating. I also  found the vocabulary to be more advanced than I can comprehend which is very frustrating. For example, in paragraph 5 it states, “The recent crisis of the euro was exacerbated by the German government’s dithering…was due in part to executives’ penchant for delaying tough decisions.” The words exacerbating, dithering, and penchant were confusing to me and they’re all in one sentence so that makes it hard to understand the sentence as a whole.  My overall emotions I would say was confused, annoyed, and bored. I probably stopped to do other things instead of finishing the article at least 15 times. How ironic because I stopped to procrastinate while reading an article on procrastination. I don’t think if I read an article on how to stop procrastinating that I’ll stop. I would probably do it for a day and then I’ll stop. I also don’t care if Nobel-winners procrastinate because I’m sure a lot of people do, the article stated “There’s something comforting about this story: even Nobel-winning economists procrastinate!” and I definitely don’t find it comforting. Personally, I have a feeling that people procrastinate due to the lack of some motivation/discipline. I absolutely procrastinate every chance that I get and put things off till the last minute which is a very bad habit. I do agree with when the article said “may be especially prone to putting things off: surveys suggest that the vast majority of college students procrastinate” If people actually try to be more productive because they want to, then I do believe it’s possible to overcome the need to procrastinate. But if we keep procrastinating, then we’re gonna need more than an article to tell us how to prevent procrastinating.