H.W 1.2

In the Article “How to read like a writer” Mike Bunn writes that “you are already an author”. A author is usually seen as someone who wrote a piece of work or story but Mike Bunn is telling us even if we haven’t we have created or own book  we have been an author of our own stories. If you tell someone something that happened to you yesterday you are being the author of your own story while they are seen as the reader or audience member that is getting read too. Your life is like a story and you are the author of it.Mike Bunn also states how when reading you should go into the reading looking for “the author’s purpose for this piece of writing?” since that can help develop better understanding of what ever you may be reading. You have to think like the author see why one thing lead to the other the way you would when you write a story. Reading Mike Bunns article it shows you another way of reading not just reading a word then moving onto the next but diving in deeper and seeing how one sentence or would structures the one after it. In the article Mike says how he “should change the name and call this Reading Like an Architect”because of the way he structures his reading. This way of reading adds a twist to the basic reading taught in high school now its not just a reading were we try to sum up the whole story and see what it was about but rather we go to every word there is and see why that would construct the next word in the sentence breaking everything down to make it easier to understand. I will try to do this more in my reading and writing because I feel as it breaks everything down and more simpler for me to understand cause I usually do get stuck on reading because I try to look at the bigger picture when I should take it step by step.